Friday, September 23, 2011

Purchases and Punishments

In the haze of my life, between keeping a home, working full time, and caring for me 1 year old I have managed to lose TWO receipts of recent purchases. My punishment is that I will round UP the price since I can't recall the exact amount of either item.
I got a box of hair color before S's birthday party (which btw was beyond beautiful...the party, not the box of color). I had a $2 off coupon for the color which came out to around $7 and some change so I'll round it up to $8 (ouch). I also got a BEAUTIFUL  lip color from Bare Escentuals for $12 and some change so I'll round it to $13. I actually feel really great about the lip color, even though I kind of cheated since I used my employee discount to purchase it. It looks great and lasts for HOURS longer than any other lip color I've tried. This is my new favorite.
I also got a hair cut, which I'm not sure I want to count towards my total. Does it count? It isn't a beauty products technically. What do you think?
Total spending to date: $59.05
I think I'm doing really well so far, however my lack of frequent trips to the make up counters and Sephora are giving me severe cosmetic withdrawals. Since yesterday was my birthday I got a free offer from Sephora for a body wash from Philosophy. It isn't something I really care about, but its free and I will need body wash in the near future. Not to mention I just got an offer for deluxe samples from Smashbox with a $35 purchase from Sephora. I am comfortable indulging myself for my birthday and treating myself to a little something. I'll shop the clearance section to see how much I can get away with and still stay within budget.
My plan for hitting Sephora is to maximize the freebies, combine as many offers as I can, and to stick to items that are marked down (especially since it is a rule). I'm also going to do a little inventory of my current Caboodle, yes, Caboodle, and see what is over a year old, what is running low, and what I haven't used in over 6 months.
I hear all the time about make up and expiration dates. I honestly don't know how much of it I believe. The conspiracy theorist in my says "It is just a ploy to get consumers to spend more on products that they already have."  So I admittedly go much longer before replacing certain items. Mascara I keep until it feels drier than it should. Eye liner...well, I've never thrown any away since I use it up. Shadows I keep until they are hard to get color out of or until they seize up and become hard to apply. Blush I keep way too long, and usually only discard it when I find a color that I like better.
I'm off to hunt the Sephora sale rack. Wish me luck!

ciao, bellas!
A

1 comment: