Monday, September 26, 2011

Birthday Binge

After a light inspection of my make up box I decided I didn't need much but I could stand for some extra color. I took a digital trip to Sephora and here is what I got:

4 piece tea tree oil facial care system (I don't love the Aveeno wash I got with coupons at Target): $29
Bare Escentuals "Smoky V" set: $22 (originally $32)
with my online purchase I got 3 free mini samples (these vary)
I also got a birthday gift from Philosophy: shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath for $0!!!
For having 500 Beauty Insider Rewards points I also got a deluxe sample of some Tarte products for eyelashes: $0
I also got a free Yves Sainte Laurent deluxe mascara sample for $0

Order Total $54.95, and of course I got FREE shipping. Pretty good considering the amount of stuff I got.

I forgot about the Smashbox Sample I wanted, which just goes to show you that being prepared and making a list can help you save money and get more for your buck.
I'm actually quite pleased with my order. I got some of my favorite brands and was able to still get products that are natural and high quality. One of the items I paid for was full priced, but I'm going to allow it because I got SO much else for free. I'll upload a photo of everything once it arrives. I'm a visual person so looking at everything really helps me see how well I did.

The bad part about my shopping trip is that it brought my current spending up to $114, just over 1/3 of my allowance FOR THE YEAR! Time to REALLY get back to square one and no more splurging. I let myself celebrate too much without taking the time to do so frugally. I'm going to have to think more thoroughly about my upcoming purchases.
I've actually now bought 2 facial cleansers which I believe will last me at least 6 months (but probably closer to 8) which makes me happy. I am hoping the Tea Tree Oil cleanser makes me happier than the Aveeno wash. Both of these have been significantly less expensive than my preferred Bare Minerals Exfoliating Cleanser ($26). I'm hoping that I may have found a good alternative.

Maybe I'll amp up my work out routine and eat some extra kale to bring out more of my inner beauty to save money.

No comments:

Post a Comment